Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Growth Mindset: Memes

For this challenge, I chose this meme from our instructor's Growth Mindset Memes Blog.


First of all, I was a big fan of all the cat memes. If you haven't checked them out yet, you should!

I particularly likes this meme because of the quote and its relation to my experience with growth mindset. Typically, the hardest part of a challenging task is just getting started. Whether that is starting a new job, applying for a new position, or talking to someone for the first time...trying something new is hard!

One of the leaders I look up to the most always tells me "you have to start getting comfortable being uncomfortable". This is absolutely right. Putting yourself out there is never easy. But, accepting the uncertainty and "just going for it" is the best thing you can do.

Whenever I think about the growth mindset, I remember the importance of trying new things. Like this meme says, there are endless opportunities waiting for you, but you'll never know if you don't start climbing!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bentleigh! I love the cat memes as well, and I definitely just spent fifteen minutes at least scouring through all of them! I can agree that starting always feels like the hardest part of any activity. I have tried to put myself out there more this last year since it is my senior year and hope that you have been too!

    ReplyDelete