Monday, November 14, 2016

Tech Tip: Installing the Canvas App!

Today, I decided to try a Tech Tip! I love technology and I'm a little upset with myself that I haven't tried one sooner.

I decided to install the Canvas app onto my phone.

Like many of you (or maybe it's just me....), I am very resistant to change. I will be honest. When OU switched from D2L to Canvas, I wasn't happy. Canvas had a lot going on and I didn't feel like I had time to figure it all out. However, now that the semester is almost over, I can admit that Canvas has really grown on me and it is probably better than D2L.

Once I downloaded the app, I realized it was definitely better.

The app was very easy to download. I selected my school and logged in with my 4x4. Then, everything was right in front of me. I can see all of my classes and by clicking the "A+" button at the top, it instantly shows me my overall grades in each one of my class--WOW.

I can also set it up to send me notifications when I have a grade updated. That was my favorite feature of D2L and the thing I missed the most.

Now that I figured out how to do that, I am very satisfied with Canvas. I would definitely recommend downloading the app! It is visually appealing and very easy to use! It really enhances the overall experience.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bentleigh! Oh man, I will have to check this out! Somehow I have gone almost this entire semester without realizing there was a Canvas app! I’m glad to hear that you think it’s better than D2L because that app was such a hassle to ever use. I have been impressed by the website so I’m sure the app is great too!

    ReplyDelete